We’re looking for a qualified full time HGV mechanic to join our friendly team in our workshop in Coalpit Heath. As an experienced mechanic, you will be responsible for the service and repair of our fleet.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Prepare, present and accompany all HGV vehicles, for annual MOT inspections.
– Carry out periodic safety inspections to all HGV vehicles to VOSA inspection manual standards.
– Carry out fault diagnosis.
– To carry out repairs as required.
– To complete associated paperwork to ensure that all statistics and legal information are produced.
– To ensure that all relevant legislation and Health and Safety procedures are adhered to.
– To maintain work areas in a safe and clean condition.
– To carry out any other duties as instructed by the supervisory staff, which are commensurate to the grade of this post.
This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The post holder may be required to carry out any other duties as directed by a supervising officer, the responsibility level of any other duties should not exceed those outlined above.
HGV licence is desired but not essential.
HOURS OF WORK
WINTER HOURS: OCTOBER – APRIL
Monday to Thursday – 08:00-16:45
Friday – 08:00-15:45
SUMMER HOURS: APRIL – OCTOBER
Monday to Friday – 07:00-16:45, 08:15-18:00 pro rota
Summer period one Saturday per month – 07:00-12:30
Competitive rates of pay circa £28,500
If you believe you have what it takes, email your CV and cover letter telling us why.