We are a Bristol and South West Company with over 40 years experience in erecting Aluminium Structures and Marquees. We are proud to have a steady and stable workforce and continue to invest in the ongoing training of all core staff. As a company we are seeking the right personnel who have leadership and supervisory qualities, not only in the marquee industry but from outdoor events industries used to working in an outdoor environment.
The role will involve assisting and supporting the Foreman to manage the crew with site inductions, toolbox talks and the erection of the structures following health and safety procedures. Candidates will need good people skills, must be highly motivated, enjoy a challenge and be prepared to learn new skills. A year of proven experience in a supervisory role is essential.
– Supervision and training of junior staff
– Erection and dismantle of structures as part of a team
– Keeping to tight time deadlines
– Site responsibility in the absence of a foreman
– Health and safety of staff on sites
– Ensuring all jobs are finished to the highest quality
– Leadership experience
– Good organisational skills
– Self-motivated and proactive
– Able to problem solve and multi-task
– Hard working with a can-do attitude
– Well presented
– Full UK driving licence
– Tele handler fork lift trained
– First Aid trained
– MUTA structure safe trained or CSCS cardholder
For a candidate with the right can-do attitude we will be willing to arrange training in the above.
HOURS OF WORK
An average of 45 hours per week, including weekends and bank holidays when required. You will be required to work away from home and accommodation will be provided. Our normal working hours are 7am till 5pm with breaks totalling 1 hour. During our busy periods these hours will be extended as required to accommodate the business. Within the marquee and events industry flexibility is essential.
Progression within the company is encouraged.
Competitive rates of pay circa £20 – £25K
Progression to Foreman circa £26 – 35K including company vehicle and bonus.
If you believe you have what it takes, email your CV and cover letter telling us why.